Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Bottles and Country Weddings

We sell lots of old bottles in our shop.


They are nothing fancy.
Not worth much.


Some people buy one or two to add to their collection.
But these days, most of my customers who buy them
don't have a collection in mind.

They have a wedding in mind.

Photo credit: Beyond the Screen Door

It's all the rage right now to use vintage bottles as 
vases for a few flowers. Often times, the bride tells me 
she will be using wild flowers in them to decorate 
the tables at the reception.

Photo credit: Lucy Dylan Weddings

It's a very cost effective way to add beauty 
to a country wedding.

 
Photo credit: Upcycled Wonders

Don't like the graphics on the bottle?
Or maybe can't get the bottle clean enough?
No problem!
Cover it up!



Back to my own shop, I posted this photo on my 
Facebook page today with these thoughts...

Aren't these pretty little bottles? I assume they held perfume. Are you a perfume wearer? I did some when I was young, but not anymore. The older I get, the more I can't handle the flowery smells. Too bad it's not fashionable to smell like a cinnamon roll - that I could do. Haha. I like men's cologne. I kept my dad's cologne after he passed. I open it once in a while and take a sniff, and it's like he is standing right beside me. The power of smell.....





No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...