Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tables

We picked up this table at an auction. Very outdated, but nice and sturdy. The top is some kind of....well, I don't know what it is. It made me think of a countertop. Even more, it made me think of when I was a little girl attending Sunday School in a small country church. Something about it took me back there, and I can't quite put my finger on why.


I've been seeing lots of tables and other furniture online that has book pages decoupaged onto them. I decided this table was a good one to experiment on. Instead of book pages, I settled on sheet music.


I also decided it needed someone to sing all those notes. A canary to the rescue!


Is there some kind of trick to getting out all those bubbles? It looks like they are mostly out when it's wet, but as it dries, they pop up everywhere. I tried smoothing them out, but as you can see, I wasn't very sucessful. But looking at some of the ones online, I see lots of bubbles in them too. Maybe that just goes with the territory?

While I was at it, I tackled another table too....


The first table with the sheet music is coffee table height. This one is dining table height.


On this one I used a book. THE BOOK. I hope I don't get in trouble for tearing pages out of a Bible! This table contains the whole book of Genesis and part of Exodus.


While I was painting tables, I gave this little stand a coat of linen white. No decoupage on this one though...

By the way...George can't quite get the hang of the name Mod Podge.

He says, "did you use Hodge Podge on those?"

Uh yeah. Something like that. Ha!

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...