Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Country Life = Squirrel Encounters


Yesterday afternoon, I went out in our yard, 
and discovered this little guy had beat me to it.


We have an abundance of maple tree seed helicopters this year.
Apparently, they make for some good eatin'!


He knew I was there, he would stop every so often and watch me.
I would freeze, and he would soon go back to his meal.
I have no idea how long he had been there before I saw him,
but I watched him for at least 15 minutes.
The entire time, he was finding and eating the maple tree seeds.


In between bites, he would scamper up & down the maple tree in our yard.


I was beginning to think he had moved in, but George said he probably lives in the woods and was just visiting. We do often see a squirrel run through the yard.

We had just been talking the day before about how many squirrels we have been seeing along the road this year. It seems like they are everywhere. We never made the connection until I saw this one eating the maple tree seeds. But since there are more seeds than usual, maybe that explains why there seem to be more squirrels than usual. Very healthy looking squirrels!


No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...