Monday, April 17, 2017

Country Life = Easter Blessings


I do believe Spring is finally here to stay! 
Our favorite little guy is excited to be outside again.
He loves to "Hap."

You know...... Help. Said in a sweet little 2 year old voice.


He thought he was pretty big stuff calling in the cows.


And gettting the flower gardens ready.
I tried giving him a child sized hoe.
No dice.
He wants to use what we use.
"Tool." he says. Our big ones, not his little ones.

I've had a very productive Easter weekend. The flower beds are now mostly clean, and I've been helping George get poles set for a new barn we are building. We had great weather for most of it, though Easter Sunday did end with storms. 

We were blessed to spend Sunday morning with our church family, hearing a powerful lesson about the risen Christ, and the hope that gives us.


One of my favorite signs I've made for the shop lately is this yellow one that says hope and is finished off with a flower cut from an old beat up quilt.

After church services, we had lunch with friends. An Easter buffet, chock full of delicious food. 
Our friends said they were going to go home and take a nap.

What did George and I do? We went home and chased cows. 
Three of the new calves decided the grass was greener on the other side of the fence while we were gone. We pulled onto our lane, and saw them, happily grazing in the hayfield.

Fortunately, it wasn't too much trouble getting them back where they belonged.

It's become a joke around here. When our son and daughter-in-law are away, one or another of the livestock will get out. Happens every time. 

Life on the farm.

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...