Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Modern Farmhouse Style

We have been busy adding lots of white farmhouse style pieces.


Such a clean, fresh look! 


I admit I'm a little late to the party of watching Chip & Joanna Gaines on Fixer Upper. Customers kept telling me about them, but somehow I never managed to catch an episode.


But I have finally seen a few this winter, and of course, they (and their style) are all over the place online.


It fits in perfectly with our shop already. We have always described the vintage items in our shop as "farm style". When we go to auctions, we typically buy the stuff that came straight from a farmhouse kitchen. Or barn. Usually with the barn dirt intact. We have become quite proficient in water hose cleaning. 


So, we are just adding more white. And gray. I have learned a new word. 
GREIGE.
Beige + Gray. Greige. 
Who knew? 


Not into so much white and gray? Don't worry. We are adding more, but it won't take over the shop completely by any stretch. We will still have black, red, and mustard for the primitive decorators. And other colors as well. I like a nice mix! 


I will say I am more than happy to add some white. Another admission: I was getting a little a lot tired of painting black! So white is a nice change of pace, especially going into spring.


I absolutely love how this photo came out. A happy accident. I was taking a picture of the mirror itself, and the bench photo bombed it perfectly. 


Our weather forecast is calling for a nasty mix of snow/sleet/freezing rain/back to snow mix tomorrow. So, my plan as of now is to close the shop tomorrow and stay home. 
So good to be home indeed.




















I will be happy to do some more painting, right beside the wood stove.
Maybe I will catch another episode of Fixer Upper!

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...