Thursday, August 2, 2018

Country Life = First Time with a Paintbrush

"Mimi, can I help you paint"?

























So I put on old T-shirt of Pappy's on over his clothes, and gave him a worn out paint brush and a stool that had a split in the leg that I was going to take apart for the pieces.

He already had on his barn boots, which are pretty much his favorite shoes.


























That smile!


























That concentration!


























I don't have a picture of the finished stool, because as 3 year olds do, after a while he was ready to move on to something else. But this kept him occupied for a good while, and gave him a healthy dose of confidence and accomplishment.

A couple days later I heard him telling Pappy that Mimi had a great idea and let him paint a stool.

He's not the only one who thoroughly enjoyed that moment in time.

Grandchildren are the absolute best.

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...