Monday, October 28, 2013

So the chair fell apart. Now what?

What do you do with old chairs that are completely falling apart? You give them to your son, and say, "see what you can do with this".


And then, he brings them back to you, with old boards attached as signs. And you realize once again that he has that same "junking" vision as his parents, and you're not sure whether that is a blessing or a curse.

Ha!

 
After he attached the old wood to them, he brought them back to me to paint the words on. I was a bit nervous - he did such a great job on them, I didn't want to mess them up!
 
I also had a chair seat to do something with. I made it into a sign too......
 
 
It looks a bit like it's on attached to the porch post in this pic, doesn't it? Ah, those crazy photo angles. Can't trust them. heehee
 
We have some more of the chair pieces - we'll get to them as soon as we can find time.
 
And inspiration!


No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...