Monday, November 4, 2013

You is kind.



One of my favorite quotes from the movie The Help.

One of the things that really struck me from this story is how recent it was.
It took place in the early 60's, which is when I was born.

It saddens me that racism was so prevalent that recently.
I will never understand why anyone thinks
skin color makes us unequal.

In the story, the children were brought up to believe that.
I'm so thankful that my own parents knew better.
My sister and I were raised to abhor racism.

I had this old cupboard door, and it seemed like a good spot
to feature Aibileen Clark's wise words to little Mae Mobley.


You is kind.
You is smart.
You is important.

Yes indeed. And so is you Aibileen.


No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...