Sunday, November 10, 2013

Country Life = When Life Gives You Lemons...

 
Did you ever learn a new word or phrase, & then it seems like you hear it ALL the time?
 

That's the way I feel about this phrase. I don't remember hearing it, until I started carrying it in the shop. Now I not only hear it all the time, I also say it all the time!

I suppose it was always there, I just didn't notice it.

We're dealing with some big situations in our lives right now that are out of our control.

We live in the heart of the Marcellus Shale gas & oil drilling. We feel like we've been plucked out of our nice, quiet, peaceful countryside, and thrown down into the middle of an industrial zone.

That was bad enough.

We found out a few days ago that the plant George works in is shutting down at the end of this year.

Well.

It is what it is.

And we don't like it.
Not one little bit.

But, we're trying hard to find the bright side.
We are debt free.
We have a safety net.
We have a can do attitude.

We have each other.
And... we have a God who we have a deep faith in.

Things have a funny way of working out, and we believe they will this time too.

We plan to bring lots of new things into the shop. We need it to go from being a little extra money to a lot of extra money!

Another old saying applies here....







No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...