Friday, February 28, 2014

Artist brush mishap

I was cleaning my artist brushes late last night at the kitchen sink when one of my favorite ones slipped out of my hand and into the drain.

Slick as a whistle.

This morning, as George was preparing to tear the drain apart, I decided to try my luck first with a pair of barber scissors. It worked! It took a few trys, but the blades were long enough and skinny enough to reach down and gingerly grab the brush.

But the story doesn't end there.

By the light of the flashlight, we saw a second brush! The barber scissors also pulled it out. Oh my. It had been there for a LONG time. It was covered with gunky goo to the point it was almost unrecognizable.

I know blog posts are all about the photos.

But believe me when I say, you don't want to see a picture of the gunky brush!


No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...