Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Trash to treasure - More old windows

Still playing with windows...........


We added hardware cloth to these ones. I've seen similar ones on Pinterest hung on the wall, with jewelry hanging on them. Great idea!

Can someone tell me why hardware cloth is made from metal, but called cloth? One of life's little mysteries. At least to me.


These are rather large windows. Around 4 feet long or so. (I'm guessing. They are at the store. I'm at home. And neither my arm nor my tape measure will reach the 7 miles between us.). We simply added an old board to the bottom for a shelf. Actually, it wasn't as simple as it sounds. The window bottom had a slant to it that had to be trimmed off.


Old feed sacks and old windows make the perfect pair. This sack is pretty faded out. But then so is the paint on the window, so they still make the perfect pair.

We still have a few more windows to work through. Truly a case of one man's junk is another man's treasure!

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...