Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Oh, the West Virginia hills, how majestic and how grand

I suppose the residents of every state think theirs is the best. But I like to think ours has a little edge. As John Denver penned in his famous song, our beloved West Virginia is "Almost Heaven"!


 From the farms...
   

  to the mountains.


The creeks...
 
  

and the waterfalls.
 
 
The mountain roads in the green of summer...

 
and the orange and yellow of fall.


There's beauty everywhere you look

 

and we thank God for our "home among the hills".

Happy Birthday West Virginia!

1 comment:

Stringy Sisters said...

The pics are beautiful. I am a fellow West Virginia...the saying "Almost Heaven West Virginia can be seen in these pictures. Truly majestic. Happy Birthday WV.

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...