Saturday, October 20, 2012

Country Life = The beauty of Fall

Fall is my favorite time of year.
I wait patiently, and each year I'm rewarded with it's beauty.
This year, God has granted us an especially colorful season.

 
It seems everywhere I look, the colors are incredibly vivid.
This is the view from our kitchen....I drink it in every chance I get.
 
I decided to take the camera, and get a closer view.......


The chickens thought I was coming for them.

 
So did the goats.
 
Sorry girls, I'm on a mission.
 
 
The woods await.
 
I headed in, but not alone.......
 
 
Billy never misses a chance for a walk.
(He thinks he's a dog. Don't tell him any different.)
 
 
The leaves were absolutely gorgeous. 
While I took their beauty in, Billy stood guard.......
 
 
While I looked for nature's hidden treasures.....
   
 
 Billy watched for nature's foes.
 

 While I admired our cows through nature's perfect frames..........
  
 
Billy decided to pose so I didn't forget who was most deserving of admiration.
 
 
Ahhh, yes....
Around here, Billy is King.
 
 
Lest we forget.
 
After properly admiring his regal beauty,
I went back to the autumn beauty.
 
 
 
 
And that's when it happened.
A snort.
 
 
 "WHAT WAS THAT?"
 
Don't worry Billy.
It's just a deer.
We couldn't see it, but it could see us.
And it didn't appreciate our presence.
 
Oh well, that's ok.
I don't appreciate the deer's presence in our yard either.
More specifically, the garden.
 
 
 I went back to admiring the cows.
 
 
And the trees.
 
And I could have stayed there for hours.
But, darkness was starting to creep in.
 
And while by day I feel no fear in our woods,
night is a different story.
 
When the coyotes start howling,
I want to be safely tucked inside the 4 walls of our house.
 
 
So we headed back, and watched the rest of the daylight fall
from the comforts of the front porch.
 
Ahhh, fall.
 

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...