Saturday, May 4, 2013

The antiques are off the trailer

My last post showed a trailer full of stuff from an auction. What was in that trailer? Let's see:


A sink/washtub from a dairy. I put this out on the floor, and within a couple hours it was sold. She is going to plant flowers in it. How pretty that will be!

 
Lots of enamelware. Notice the tall stack near the back right. I'm not sure what that is? If I take the top two pots off, it becomes a double boiler. But it all seems to fit together, so what would that be? Triple boiler? Quadruple boiler? Hmmm.
 
 
Gallon jars. The cardboard box they were in said Coca Cola on the side. It had dividers in it, and the jars fit perfectly, so it seemed to be their original box. There's no markings on the jars though, other than 1 gallon. I threw the box away. It was a filthy, nasty, mouse poo filled mess. I like antiques, but I do draw a line!
 
 
Miscellaneous junk! You never know what you'll find when you start digging down through an auction box! If you like rusty & crusty, then this table is for you.
 
 
More rusty & crusty! Oh the flower pot possibilities! In fact, some of this has already sold for just that purpose.
 
 
A hillside plow, and plow points. The hillside plow has already sold. Yep, you guessed it - for a flower bed!
 
 
Porch posts. I'm always wishing I had porch posts for sale. Last week, I bought some from a customer. Then I bought more at the auction. I've got so many now I can't get them all out on the floor. When it rains, it pours!
 
 
Basket lids and rug beaters.
 
 
Tall bushel baskets. I didn't know what a tall basket would be used for. It seemed like any produce you put in it would be crushed. I turned to facebook for the answer. Apples, potatoes, corn and green beans were the top answers, with green beans probably getting the most mentions. Thanks for the help guys!
 
 
Tractor seats. Lots of people like to buy these and turn them into stools.
 
 

Washtubs. Again, great for flower beds. See the small pot in the front? It's handmade. You can see the welds on all the seams. It's heavy too. I'm sure it has an interesting story, if it could only talk.
 
 
Wagon wheel hubs. The big one in the back is fragile, as in the spokes want to fall out. But come on, how cool are they?


Wheel barrows. The first one has the desired metal wheel, but is missing a handle. If you lay it on it's side though, and fill it with flowers as if they are spilling out of it, that won't be noticeable.


Wood boxes. I couldn't believe how high boxes were selling at the auction. Many were selling for $40 to $70 each! I had to be patient, and finally the price came down. Whew!

 
 A large wheel, probably off a hay rake. It's about 53 inches tall.

There was some other misc. things I didn't get pictures of - a couple mirrors, some half gallon jars, and a Hoosier cupboard that needs some TLC. I'll take a pic of it when it's ready to go to the shop.

In the middle of working on all this, we bought more stuff from a few customers, so it's been a very busy week!

Can I sleep now?

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...