Monday, July 1, 2013

Upcycled drawers

When we pick up a piece of furniture that can no longer be used "as is", we take it apart. There's usually several pieces that can be used for signs and other projects. I was starting to get quite a collection of drawers, and they were taking over my work space. It was time to come up with some ideas.
 
These were the first ones I painted........

 
After painting them, I added hangers to the back.
They can now be used either on the wall as shadowboxes or shelves, or on a table.
 
 
This one was from a desk, and it was already a pretty bluish/gray.
For something different, I turned it into a sign of sorts.
I left room at the bottom for some of those precious memories.
Perhaps a picture, or a treasure memento.
 
 
While I was at it, I did another one the same way.
These can either hang or sit.
 
 
For this one, I got out the chalkboard paint.
The whole thing is now a chalkboard.
Even the top and sides.
It too will either hang or sit.
 
I've got more to do something else with.
Might be time to go to Pinterest for inspiration!
 

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...