Monday, February 2, 2015

Country Life = Modern technology and a brand new baby

Modern technology got the best of me.

For the longest time, we were sure we didn't need smart phones. Well, that's not exactly true. We knew they would be nice, but we didn't want to pay for the internet a THIRD time! We have it at home, and in the shop. We just couldn't bear the thought of paying for it yet again. But finally, before a trip to the beach last June, we decided to take the plunge. It was a LONG story, quite the comedy of errors that wasn't at all funny at the time, but we got them, just in the nick of time. As in our son & daughter-in-law were giving us a crash course in how to use them the evening before we left.

Anyway, like everyone else, we love the camera feature. So handy! Too handy maybe, because I've hardly used the "real" camera since. My phone was filling up with pictures. The beach trip. The baby shower I mentioned in the last post. An unexpected but wonderful trip to Alabama to see an old friend. The busy season in the shop. Christmas. And the best of all? The baby! Our first grandchild! Oh my!

In the back of my mind, it kept bothering me that I hadn't updated the blog in a very long time. When I hand customers a business card in the shop, I always point out that we are on Facebook. And that if they can't find our page using the Facebook search engine, they can go to our blog and link to it from there. As I would point to the blog address on the card, I would cringe inwardly, knowing it hadn't been updated since October! Gasp!!!

Back to modern technology getting the best of me. "How so?" you ask with bated breath? Well, I'll tell you. Almost all the pictures I needed to use were on my wonderful new smart phone. But I wasn't smart enough to figure out how to get them from my phone to my desktop computer so I could write and post on the blog! I know, I know, it's an easy task. And I could have looked it up. Or asked someone. But again - busy season in the shop. And new grandchild!!! It wasn't very high on my priority list. (hangs head with shame)

But, I finally did the obvious - I used that handy dandy cord that comes with the phone, plugged it into the computer, and Voila! - the pictures are now on the desktop. Easy peasy.

So, hopefully I can get back in the groove now.

When I'm not oohing and aahing over this little guy.......


No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...