Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Child's rocking chair - before and after

We picked this child's wicker rocking chair up at an auction.
It got lots of rave reviews, but for whatever reason, no one bought it - even on clearance!


So..................it was time for a little re-purposing.
A can of spray paint and a bit of fabric to the rescue.


A re-upholsterer I'm not, but... the little pillow didn't come out too bad.
The chair is pretty sturdy, but the wicker does show it's age, so...I'd recommend it for decoration.
Wouldn't your favorite bear or doll look sweet sitting in it?
Maybe mixed in with plants in your sunroom, or on a covered porch?
Or the corner of your bedroom....or............


No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...