Monday, February 13, 2012

Celebrities

I try to post every 2 or 3 days, but.............

I have a good excuse...really I do.

You probably don't want to hear the details...fever...stuffy head....runny nose.

Enough said? Thought so.

So, I pretty much lost most of the last 3 days. Let's see, after several attempts at paying bills, I did get that done. I made some homemade chicken noodle soup. I dusted. And that was pretty much it.

Dusted? I must have been delirious.

Anyway.

I was saddened by the news of Whitney Houston's death. What a voice.

I have never been much of a "fan". Sure, I have my favorites, but I'm not much for going all gaga over celebrities. I remember when I was riding the bus in high school - there were two junior high girls who sat behind me every day. They were IN LOVE with John Travolta. Every day, they brought their scrapbooks, and compared them. They drooled over him. They giggled over him. They vowed they would love him forever. Literally, he was ALL they talked about.

We had assigned seats, so I had to listen to them every day. I thought it was the silliest thing I had ever heard. Did I have a problem with it because I didn't like John Travolta? Of course not, who DIDN'T like John Travolta? This was right after Welcome Back Kotter. The height of Grease. Come on, what wasn't to love about John Travolta? But to droll over him on the bus every single day? Nah, not my style.

But still, I admit being very touched and saddened at times by celebrities. When John Travolta's son died, and also Bill Cosby's son. Princess Diana - I'm still in shock over her untimely death. Michael Landon - what a talent, and I so appreciated his television shows that you could actually watch with your family. Jim Henson - yay for The Muppets! John Denver - thank you for Almost Heaven, West Virginia.

And Whitney Houston. Every time I heard I Will Always Love You, I got chills. I just watched this you-tube video of her singing it, and thought you might like to see it as well....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkBzLbsRJ54

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...