Thursday, February 2, 2012

Vintage....and unusual

The shop may be closed for the winter,
but that doesn't mean we're not still
gathering old treasures...



We're in the heart of coal mining country here in WV.
The large picture above honors the
hard work our miners do each and every day.
And they do it well.



This old scrapbook may be falling apart at the seams,
but the graphic on the front is still beautiful.



Someone already did the tedious work
of joining old fabric scraps together into an 8 point star.
There are 7 of these ready to be finished into a fine quilt.



These lamp shades have long ago lost their coverings.
All that is left are the skeletons.



An assortment of.....well....I'm not sure.



These I know....a milker and a milk strainer.
My cousin and I used to walk through the dairy barn
sometimes when the cows were being milked.
I was so little, and the cows were so big.......
.............I haven't quite got over that yet.



A bee smoker.
Not sure how or why, but that's what it is.



A heavy...and wide iron wheel.
We have a few other odd sized wheels as well.



Looking for something to plant flowers in that won't blow away?
This cast iron tub isn't going anywhere!
Drainage hole included.



Last but not least...a....an....um....



Does the side view help any?

My customers are always telling me we find the most unique things.

So unique that we don't know what it is either!

3 comments:

Nautical Lamps said...

IT'S REALLY WONDERFUL BLOG ALSO " I LIKE IT "

THANKS FOR SHARING VERY GOOD INFO.

Barb said...

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy it!

Home decorating wholesale said...

Amazing write up! thank you so much for this information!

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...