Sunday, February 5, 2012

Door crown

Before..............


After...........
 


I picked this door arch, or door crown, or whatever you call it up awhile back. It's pretty good size - 29" high x 56" across. It's been floating around my basement work studio...getting dusty...and being constantly in the way. I wanted to paint it, but how?

Yesterday it finally hit me. It looks sort of like a sunburst, and mustard and black are popular primitive colors. That's it! All that time, I had been trying to come up with something fancy, and all I needed were 2 colors, and a simple star at the bottom center.

By days end, it was finished. Yay!

I'll be taking it to the store sometime this week. One more inventory item for the store, one more thing out of my work studio. A win-win.

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...