Thursday, May 3, 2012

Doors turned into coat hangers

One of these days, I'll remember to take before pictures. But this isn't one of those days.


After the 2 doors were finished, I did think to at least turn one over and show the back. That gives a good idea of what it looked like. The doors are the modern presswood - you know - the furniture that comes in a box with a handful of screws. Bookcases, entertainment centers, etc.

I picked the doors up on a junkin' trip, having no idea what I would do with them.

I still didn't know when I laid them out on sawhorses, but then it hit me.
Coat hangers.


The first one is barn red, with family and friends written out in what used to be the windows. I left the glass in, and mod podged wallpaper onto the glass.


On the second one, I used a garden theme wallpaper border. I think it would look great in a mudroom. Please excuse the blurry picture. I really need to get a new camera.

The hooks don't show up real well, but there are 3 coat hooks on each one. They are rather heavy since they still have the glass in them, and I don't have a spot in the store to hang them, thus they are just propped against the counter in the store for the photos.

I love how they came out! From modern junky presswood to distressed country!

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...