Thursday, August 2, 2012

Americana

I'm building up my Americana/Patriotic inventory in preparation for the Cost of Freedom Traveling Tribute that will be coming to Moundsville August 22. This will include the traveling Vietnam Wall, which is a scaled down version of the one in Washington DC.

Just a few of the new Americana crafts....



My friend Debbie made the flag, then I attached it to a large piece of checked material by blanket stitching around it. The whole thing was then attached to an old window. A red, white and blue pip berry garland tops it off.



Well....hmmm....I've tried twice, and this picture won't rotate. If you tilt your head, maybe you can make it out. I'm calling them Americana triangles. Debbie also made these, and they mimic the folded flags.


These are barnwood signs I painted a few days ago. I took the picture of them in what I like to call my 'outdoor painting studio'. Several of these have already sold, and I'm working on more.

Americana is always in season!

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...