Friday, August 10, 2012

Ornaments...and it's only August 10

In the retail world, one has to already be planning for Christmas. Ugh. It's hard to get in that frame of mind when it's hot! But, it has to be done.

Fall is out on the floor. Well, what I have so far is out, there will be more to come. After all, it's only August 10. School hasn't even started yet. Well, I take that back. It has started for one district in the county that is experimenting with a form of year round school. But I digress....

New this year is locally made felt Christmas ornaments. I've put out what I have so far, there will be more to come. After all, it's only August 10. School hasn't even.....never mind. I think I'm repeating myself. So sorry.


Actually the ones on this side of the rack could be used anytime. Hang them from a hook, or shaker peg. Use them on a gift bag. Some of you keep trees up all year, and hang seasonal ornaments on them.

I don't do that myself...do you have any idea how dusty it gets on a dirt road in a dry summer? Dusty, very dusty. And it takes forever to dust those pine needles one by one. Ha!


The ones on the other side of the rack are more Christmasy. (is that a real word?)

Well, the star on the top left could be used anytime, but I don't have to tell you that. Maybe it's just my eyes, but the one on the bottom left is a little hard to make out. So I will tell you what that one is...it's a mitten.


A close-up of the two that started it all. WV and a blue & gold star to go with it. Ahhh, Almost Heaven.

As I said when I was repeating myself, there will be more to come. After all, it's only August 10. I think I may have mentioned that.



No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...