Friday, March 17, 2017

The Elusive 4 Leaf Clover


As far as I know, I'm don't have any Irish in me.
But I'm wearin' my green today anyway, in honor of the day, and of our Irish son-in-law.

And of our son Kevin, who has the uncanny ability to find 4 leaf clovers.

It's unreal. He will be walking through the yard, or a pasture field, and will look down, pause, and say, "there's one". And there is.

When he was a boy, he would pick them, and dry them in a book. It reached the point he didn't even bother anymore. After all, he can spot them and pick them just about anytime he's outside if he takes the time to look down.



Me? I can remember sitting in clover patches like this one as a kid, scouring the ground for a 4 leaf one. With absolutely no luck.

I finally found one a couple years ago, and the funny thing was, George found one at the same time, and just like me, it was his first one. We were pretty excited until Kevin walked over, and pointed out a couple more, just by glancing at the patch.

Some people have all the luck.

Happy St. Paddy's Day!!!


No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...