Thursday, March 30, 2017

Tutorial - Upcycling a Mirror

My first attempt at a tutorial.
I kept forgetting to take pictures.
Ahem....

Well, let's begin.

I had an oval mirror with a missing piece of frame.







































Did I think to take a picture of the whole mirror?
No, I was doing good to remember to take one of the missing piece.







































I decided to try hiding the broken frame with some flowers.
Hot glue sticks amazingly well to a mirror.

I glued some leaves down first, then added a piece of ribbon.
And then a flower. But I forgot to take a picture.



Then I stood back and looked at it. 
And decided it needed flowers in the opposite corner to make it looked balanced.
So, I repeated what I had already done on the opposite corner.
And after I did that, I discovered the mirror was showing a bit between the backing and frame right where I had added the flowers. 
That's ok, the leaves hide it.
For the most part.... if you don't look too closely.



The finished mirror!
And everything in it's reflection.

The missing frame piece is hidden behind the flower on the bottom.

I could see this hanging in a girly girls room, or a cottage themed or Victorian home. 

Next time I do a tutorial, I'll try to remember to take more pics.
But look what I did remember to do.....


Take a selfie!
Ha! 

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...