Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween


Happy Halloween to you! Do you have big Halloween plans? Our Halloween plans are.......um......well......OK, we have no Halloween plans this year. And we're fine with that.

While lots of you may have been dressing up for Halloween parties this past weekend, we were splitting firewood. Lots of firewood. We told Kevin he may have to quit answering his phone - every time it rings, he gets another order. Just kidding on not anwering his phone, we're glad he's getting so many orders. And, we're happy to help him out. A friend was testing our new splitter, and he said to me, "I bet you never thought you'd be splitting firewood." On the contrary, I love splitting firewood, and have since I was a teenager.

By the way, if you're looking for a splitter, we highly recommend the Splitfire wood splitter. It splits in both directions, and has a hydraulic lift to help lift the logs and act as a work table. It's more expensive than some, but worth every penny. I should have taken a camera, but we were too busy for that.

Back to Halloween - we live back a lane (the one in the picture at the top of the blog), and rarely get trick or treaters. In fact, it's been several years since we've had any at all. Every year, I buy lots of candy just in case, then we end up eating all of it. Since we are trying to lose weight instead of gaining it, I decided this year not to buy any candy. So.......we are hoping we don't get any trick or treaters!

But - if you are taking your little ones out trick or treating tonight - I hope you have as much fun as we did when Jessica and Kevin were little! Lots of good memories of those days!

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...