Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Country Life = Busy days

Thought things were supposed to slow down after the holidays? Not in our world.

We've been swamped. But in the midst of it all, we have found some time to go junkin'. Pictures to come later as I get them worked into the store.

As you know, I've closed the store for the winter months due to cold (it's hard to heat that old store building!) and bad roads (it's not worth the risky drive into town when it's icy and snowy).

So guess what's happened? We're having a very mild winter! Lots of days in the 40's, hardly any snow. Why is it that the years I stayed open, we had terrible winters?

I will be open tomorrow...Wednesday, January 11. I'm still taking Christmas out, and trying to work in some of the "new" old stuff. Which means the store is a bit of a mess right now. Bear with me.

Just be glad you don't have to see my basement. I'd like to think it's organized chaos, but it isn't close to organized. How bad is it? When Jessica & Brian were getting ready to go home after the holidays, they took their cat Domi downstairs to use the litter box one last time before the long road trip.

He realized what was happening, and got away from them, hiding here & there amidst the chaos. Jessica said it took them 15 minutes to get hold of him again.

She said, and I quote, "do you know how many places there are down there for a cat to hide?"

Sigh.

Yes, yes I do.

I'll be working on that.

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...