Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Apologies for the lack of posts during the holidays - my time was taken up in the wonderful realm of family.

For various reasons, we spent a fair amount of time going thru family "stuff". That's what son-in-law Brian calls all the material things we get wrapped up in. He told Jessica her family consists of hoarders, but then admitted his was too, so they are probably doomed to the same fate.

We're not really hoarders, at least not to the extent as on the TV shows. In fact, if I watch one of those episodes, I go into a cleaning frenzy, lest that fate befalls me!

One thing we went through was fabric. Jessica is getting an interest in quilting, so she was going through fabric with an eye in that direction. I love quilts too, but to be honest, I'm much more interested in them when someone ELSE goes to the trouble to make them. Ha!

I did just say to George a few minutes ago that looking at all this fabric makes me wish I could sew. Well...I can sew - a little. My skills are pretty limited. How I wish I had paid more attention when mom tried to teach me to sew when I was a teen!

I'm not one for making New Year's resolutions, but maybe that could be mine for this year. Sewing machine - here I come!

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...