Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Country life = taking advantage of the weather

If you read my last post, you'll know my orbital sander broke in the middle of a project. I bought a new one today, and worked on the table and chest of drawers this evening.

But.............no pics yet, because I didn't finish them.

We had a surprise weather day. The forecast was calling for 90 degrees. For the record, here's what I think of 90 degree days.....

YUCK!!!

I never could take the heat. Call me wimpy, it doesn't bother me at all. Hot weather makes me melt.

What a wonderful surprise it was when it never got hot! We had storms around noon, and it actually dipped into the 60's for awhile after the storms. Nice!!!

I had planned to finish the furniture, but since we had such a pleasant evening, I sanded the furniture, then worked in one of my flower gardens. Wonder if you can transplant lillies when they are full grown and starting to bloom? I'll find out in a few days, cause I did it! Here's hoping they survive!

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...