Monday, June 13, 2011

Gingerbread wreaths

It's going to take a couple days to get the antiques that were packed into the truck plus a trailer out on the floor. About 3/4 of them are cleaned up so far. Now comes putting them in inventory, pricing and tagging them and finding a spot on the floor to display them. Auctions create lots of work!!!


The day before the auction, I made some gingerbread wreaths........


These locally made fabric gingerbread and wood spoons are crafts that I've had for a good while. I had taken them upstairs for the Clearance Sale, and some sold, but there were still a few left over.


I decided they would be perfect for these little twig swirl wreaths. Add a piece of torn fabric and a few pips, and they made a cute wreath for the gingerbread collector.


I try to carry gingerbread all the time, because I have several customers who decorate with them year round, and they tell me they have trouble finding them except at Christmas.


Many people do think of them as a Christmas decoration, but as long as they aren't "Christmasey" looking, why not use them year round? This one got paired with a handmade flag and some red berries. There are many ways to use them in your every day decorating.

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...