Saturday, November 12, 2011

Country life = It's just not fair


Usually, I sell runner sleds as is, no decorations on them. But I decided to paint a snowman on this one just for the fun of it. I really liked how it turned out, so I may do more - If I can get my hands on more sleds. There's lots of sleds out there, but getting them at a price I'm willing to pay can be difficult.

Actually, we did pick up 2 yesterday at an auction. Our driveway at home is Cleaning Central for the "junk" that comes from auctions, flea markets etc.

While I was outside cleaning today, I heard a truck stop out the lane, just past our house a little ways. I knew what that meant - don't look. You see, we live back a dirt road, and in the 24 years we've lived here, we've heard dozens of cars and trucks stop in that same spot.

It seems to be a popular spot for.......um.........well.........for men to......um.........shall we say.........relieve themselves.

Don't worry, even if we did look, we wouldn't really see anything other than a man standing by his truck. It's just far enough away not to see any.........um........details.

Life in the country.

We've been spending lots of time in the woods this fall, cutting and splitting firewood. When nature calls, the menfolk just wander off and "check out the scenery".

It's not quite so easy for us womenfolk.

I gotta say - it's just not fair.

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...