Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Headboard stocking holder

Let me apologize for the terrible pictures - I'll explain. This is a rather big piece, and I didn't think to take a picture before I put it in the display window. It wasn't easy getting it there.

The next day I decided to get pictures and put it on my blog. No big deal, or so I thought. I'll just get pictures through the window. Well...........that didn't work so well. I just kept getting reflections. And because it was rather hard to get it in the window to begin with, I didn't want to take it out for pictures.

Hopefully you can at least get the idea. I turned an old headboard into a Christmas stocking holder....


Across the top, it says "and the stockings were hung....". Under that are cut nails to hang your stockings.


The sign hanging on it says, "No Mantle? No Problem! Santa will find your stockings on this!"


The headboard is old and primitive looking - just right for a country home. I painted the front barn red, painted the lettering black and also splattered black all over it.

We're not all lucky enough to have a chimney and/or mantle, so............here you go! A cool place to hang your stockings!

And don't worry, if you want to buy it, I will gladly get it back out of the window.

I have a couple more old headboards - what do you think? Should I make more stocking holders?

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...