Friday, November 18, 2011

Salvation Army bears


In Moundsville, it's Christmas when the Salvation Army bears come out to play.
The bears are decorated by many volunteers,
then they are placed in several store windows for display for a couple weeks.


I have 15 in my window,
and I display them on a sled filled with presents.
The pictures are taken through the glass,
which explains the reflections etc. you can see.


Later, they will be collected again,
then given to needy children at a Christmas party.


The volunteers do an amazingly creative job dressing the bears.
It's so much fun to see them, and I am honored to
be included in displaying them.

If you get a chance, stroll down Jefferson Ave. and take a peek!
During the Christmas Parade on Saturday would be a great opportunity.

The Parade starts at 2:00.
We will be open from 10 - 4, longer if needed.

The weather is supposed to be chilly, but beautiful!
Hope to see you at the parade!

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...