Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ben Franklin and baskets

Ever since the time changed, and it gets dark so early, I go home in the evening, and do.....not much.
In the summer there is so much to do outside, but now.....I go home and do....not much.
I think I mentioned that.

What happened to all that energy I had? Apparently the dark zaps it away.
I wake up most mornings around 5 or 5:30. I need about 8 hours of sleep a night.
If I try to stay up till 11, the simple math shows I'm going to be tired the next day.
For whatever reason I can pull that off in the summer. But not now.

Sluggish is not the greatest feeling in the world.
Sitting in the recliner to watch TV because I feel too lazy to do anything else isn't the greatest feeling in the world.
Falling asleep in the recliner soon after sitting down & getting a sore neck isn't the greatest feeling in the world.

Obviously, something needs to change.

I have discovered if I just give up and go to bed around 9, I feel much better.
Where is it written that adults have to stay up till 11?

So, I've made a very important discovery...Benjamin Franklin was right!
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise!!!

I'm expecting the wealthy and wise part to kick in any day now.

Now, for the baskets:


What do Ben Franklin and baskets have in common?
I have no idea.
I'm sure Ben Franklin liked baskets.
Doesn't everyone?


No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...