Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Vintage Christmas tree

I'm don't know how old this 3 foot tree is...I have the original papers that came with it, but there's no date.
If I were to guess, I'd guess 1970's.


I grew up on a small 'cut your own' Christmas tree farm.
How fun it was to see folks come pick out, and cut down their own tree.
Dad always warned them that trees had a way of "growing" when you took them in your house.
They didn't seem that big in the field...but once in your living room, they were suddenly huge!

Dad called artificial trees "bottle brush" trees.
At the time, it was bit of an insult.
I chuckle now when I order artificial trees for the store, and some of the most popular trees are indeed called
Bottle Brush Trees!

I wish he were still with us to share in the irony, and to chuckle about it too.


No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...