Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Penmanship

I remember doing this in grade school......over and over.
My writing was very neat in those days.

Now? Not so much. I just finished paying bills.
As I wrote each check, I started thinking about how lousy my penmanship has become!
It's rather ironic that I can "write" very neatly with a paint brush, but can't with a pencil or pen!
I suspect the difference is that when I'm painting letters with a brush, I take my time.
But with a pen, my hand seems to think it's in some kind of race.

I think it's high time I started practicing penmanship again.
Not that I'm actually going to do that, I just think it's high time that I should!

And now, it's time to (gulp) admit that I'm jealous of my sister's penmanship.
Always neat. Always pretty. Always legible.
Enjoy this moment Jo - there may not be anymore public admissions any time soon!
All my love ~ your sloppy writing sister ~ Barb

2 comments:

Jo said...

Maybe you could write better if you weren't left-handed! haha Now I'll just sit here and bask in the warm glow of your complement.

Barb said...

That's true when it comes to writing in notebooks - that stupid spiral wire is always in the way. And 3 ring binders! Ack! Even worse! But I have no excuse when writing on a single sheet of paper lying neatly on a desk.

Enjoy your warm glow!

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...