Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Big difference

I took a couple photos a few minutes ago of a small cupboard I painted and brought in this morning. I then opened the camera to take out the SD card and transfer the photos onto the computer. Oops! No camera card. That's when I remembered that I had transferred some photos onto our home computer, and I had carefully laid the SD card where I wouldn't forget to put in back in the camera. So much for that plan!

So, I was looking through some photos already on the computer, and thought you might be interested in the following couple of photos.

I opened the store in October of 2002. And, to be honest, I got in too big of a hurry, and  opened before I should have. Why, you ask? Well, because I didn't yet have nearly enough inventory.


Look at all that blank space! And all that blank space.

And look closer - there's so much blank space!!!!

The hay rake is no longer in the store. It was never for sale, it was just a display piece, and a way to take up some room. It now sits in our yard. It was always interesting to see people's reaction to it. They would look at it, then at the door, then at me with puzzled expressions. "How did you get that in here?"

Ahh, it was magic! Or maybe it was that we took it apart, brought the pieces in, then re-assembled it.

Back to the topic at hand:

I tried to find a recent picture taken from about that same spot. This following one was taken in 2008...


Trying to find a blank space. Blank space anyone? Hello, need a blank space!

 

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...