Monday, February 28, 2011

It's been one of those days

And blog post wise, it started last night.

After a very busy, very grimy, very tiring weekend, I sat down at the computer to do a blog post on Sunday evening. George came down the hall and saw me sitting there, head on my arms on the desk.

"What are you doing Barb?"

"Posting on my blog."

Uh-huh. Not sure, but he may have caught me snoring. So much for that post.

So, I took pictures today to post. Of shelves I was hanging on the wall. On the wall behind the computer at the store. The computer with the nice big comfy office chair. The chair that I bumped into, knocking over my glass of water.


See that towel on the seat of the nice big comfy office chair? Yep, it's soaking up water. See that gold glass by the mouse? Not a good place to put it.

In the meantime, I was getting hungry. Popcorn sounded good.

Don't walk away from microwave popcorn. It's not a pretty sight. Nor a pretty smell.
















 
It was smoking and smelling so badly I had to take it outside. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

Here's a little tip for shop-owners. Having a slow day? Burn some popcorn. You will suddenly have a steady stream of customers walking through the front door. Before the popcorn fiasco, there hadn't been anyone in for a couple hours. Immediately after it burned, one after another came in.

Again, for those of you who had the misfortune of coming in right then - I apologize...profusely.

I'm home now, and other than accidently bumping the cat in the head, it's going pretty well.

Let's try a post again...................

These are small shelves I've been working on. All are trash to treasure projects. Most were simple brown tired-looking shelves before a little paint breathed new life into them.


















 
Whew! I didn't think I was ever going to get those shelf pictures posted!

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...