Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hearts

If you follow decorating trends at all, you know that for the last few years, stars are all the rage in country decorating. Do you remember several years back when it was all hearts?

I think hearts should still earn a place in country decorating. Isn't love always in style?



I decided to carry a few heart related crafts. Once in a while, someone will actually ask for hearts. And, since Valentine's Day was coming up, it seemed like a good time to test the waters.



The test results looked like I had a bad idea. Hardly any of it sold for Valentine's Day. But hey, hearts should be appropriate any time of year. Isn't love always in style? So, I moved the hearts to a different area, and took these 2 photos.

Guess what happened at the March First Friday & Saturday Event? I sold several of the hearts off this display! (Maybe hearts will only make a come-back at 20% off!)

I'm going to continue to test the waters on hearts, and have ideas for more. Don't worry, there will still be plenty of the stars and pips that are so popular today. But, I'll see if I can't keep throwing more hearts in the mix.

After all, isn't love always in style?

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...