Friday, March 4, 2011

Insulators and THE BIG EVENT














I just washed a bunch of these old glass insulators. I had just emptied out this display shelf, and the glass insulators fit it perfectly. They don't show up as well as I had hoped in the picture, but you get the idea.

When I was a little girl, my aunt and uncle had a unique way of displaying their insulators. They had them lined up side by side around their front porch. If memory serves me right (it's been known to fail!), there was a row under their porch railing, and also on top of it. I don't know how many there were, but to a little kid, it looked like thousands!

A customer told me that Crafts 2000 is selling bases for the insulators. She said it is basically a round base with a groove cut in it for the insulator to sit in. In the middle of the base is a small silicone electric candle bulb. When you put the insulator on top, the light shows thru, making a cool night light. She said they don't sell insulators, just the base. So.........if you buy one of those, and need an insulator, come see me!






















Don't forget our March First Friday & Saturday Event is going on now! The coffee pictures shown above are the door prize. Just come in, sign your name, drop it in the can, cross your fingers, and hope your name gets drawn to win! I'll call the winner Monday.

It's officially called the First Friday and Saturday Event. That's a mouthful I know, but we chose that name so customers would be able to remember WHEN it is each month. At home though, we call it THE BIG EVENT, with lots of emphasis. What can I say, we're easily amused.

All regular priced items in the store (which is almost everything) are 20% off during the Event. And, for every $10 you spend, you recieve $1 in Event Bucks to use like cash the rest of the month. Don't you love saving money, and still getting some new goodies for your home?

No comments:

First Occasional Shop Weekend of the Year

Our first occasional shop opening started today, and runs through tomorrow. Why am I just now posting pics here on my blog? Because my lapt...